Wednesday, April 27, 2005

An Eventful Day

Today is going to be very busy, and I'm quite excited about it, but won't get much blogging time. This evening is the opening reception for Stage I of the Cosmic Connections exhibit at the Milton J. Rubenstein Museum of Science and Technology (MoST) in Syracuse, a topic I've mentioned before. I need to prepare a few remarks for the opening, and get down there early to reassure myself that everything is ready for prime-time.

Much more importantly though, my Mum and Dad are arriving from England this afternoon. I'll be picking them up at the airport in a few hours, but first need to do some serious shopping. Middle-aged English people will wither and die rather quickly when removed from their homeland, unless their hosts are careful to stock up on life-giving essentials; most importantly tea. It's a bit like the Jurassic Park dinosaurs, that couldn't leave the island because they were dependent on a certain drug being delivered regularly. There are a few other important items such as bread, butter, bacon, Boddingtons,..., but tea is the important one (Just joking Dad!).

I've been looking forward to my parents' visit for months now, so I'm delighted they're finally arriving. Although I love living in the U.S. (most of the time), it's difficult to be so far away from my parents and brother, and visits like this are essential for us all. Now, I'd better go and check on our tea supplies.
| | (0Pre-Haloscan) xmlns:trackback="http://madskills.com/public/xml/rss/module/trackback/">

<< Home