Thursday, July 07, 2005

An Attack on London

I have just woken up to the news of the coordinated bombs on the transport system in London. It's hard to say anything meaningful at this point, except the obvious - that one feels both saddened and angered to see such an appalling event. I've just sent out emails to family, friends and colleagues in London, to see if they are all safe, and I am now waiting for responses.

You can be sure I'll post more heavily about this in the coming days. For now, I'm hoping that the British response will be to identify who is responsible and then to do everything possible to apprehend or kill them. I'm also hoping that such an effort won't become diluted by an obsession with regimes in countries unconnected to these attacks. I don't make this as a flippant comment on Iraq; I just don't want my government to make the same mistake again.
| | (4Pre-Haloscan) xmlns:trackback="http://madskills.com/public/xml/rss/module/trackback/">

<< Home